Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Debatable Thoughts

Watching yesterday's "Dancing around the Issues with John McCain", he always struck me as something, and I couldn't exactly put my finger on it. And then I came to a realization - He has the same demeanor and salesmanship qualities as an infomercial pitchman and a heavily sedated TV evangelist. Except he's telling us about his 1-800 number and 30 day return policy and we have no idea what he's selling. Please send me your money, My Friends, I promise you'll like what I give you. Trust me. Hey, and if you don't, I have this great 30 day return policy and very reasonable shipping and handling fee. I'm sorry if I sound cynical, but something dawned on me when the market took a nosedive - If we had followed his lead for Privatized Social Security, how many retired seniors would be out on the streets, looking for a means to replenish their now non-existent accounts, with earnings from now non-existent jobs?

No comments: